No need to wait for NYE to see fireworks in Sydney
Note: Please check opening hours and booking requirements for these venues in for current health restrictions.
Darling Harbour has announced that they will have a regular fireworks display year-round on Saturday nights between 8.30pm and 9pm.
The fireworks take place in the sky over Cockle Bay Wharf so a seat at one of the restaurants on is a perfect way to view them. If you are on a budget grab an ice-cream and sit on the wharf to watch the show.
Related: Check out our guide to the best places to eat in Darling Harbour
Things you could do before or after the fireworks
- Keep warm with a hot chocolate at the Lindt Cafe on Cockle Bay
- Visit the Aquarium or Australian Maritime Museum
- Have a drink at Helm Bar – yummy snack food too
- Head to Darling Quarter or Steam Mill Lane for some eats
- Check out some live music at Tokio Hotel or Cafe del Mar
- Do some late night shopping in Harbourside Mall, which has a great range of fashion and souvenir stores with really reasonable prices.
Getting there: Darling Harbour is a short walk from Town Hall station or the light rail also jump off at the Convention centre stop. If you prefer you can take a ferry from Circular Quay.
Got questions about visiting Darling Harbour? Head over to our Facebook Group and ask us for help.