If you are looking for a list of the best things to do in Sydney you have come to the right place. We have pulled together all the city’s best festivals and events to help you plan a great day or night out.
These pages are updated every Wednesday with any last minute events but we have mapped out the whole year to help you plan ahead if you are visiting.
Annual Festivals in Sydney
Sydney loves a festival, and there are several that should be on your radar if you are visiting or living in Sydney.
The major annual Sydney festivals are:
- New Year’s Day
- Australia Day
- Sydney Festival (January)
- Lunar New Year Festival (late January/February)
- Mardi Gras (March)
- Royal Easter Show (Easter)
- Anzac Day
- Yulefest in the Blue Mountains (June/July)
- City to Surf (August)
- Sydney Fringe Festival (September)
- Good Food Month (October)
- Sculpture by the Sea (Oct/Nov)
- Christmas Day
- Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race (Dec 26)
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks
Sydney by Month
Regional Festivals in NSW & ACT
We have included regional events to encourage locals (and intrepid visitors) to get out of the city and visit our country cousins. These local events can be a fantastic way to see parts of the country you may have never considered visiting.
Here are some of the biggest but also check individual months above from smaller unique festivals.
Some of the best regional festivals include:
- Tamworth Country Music Festival
- Byron Bay Bluesfest
- Broken Heel Festival – Broken Hill
- Bathurst 12 Hour – Mount Panorama
- Blue Mountains Music Festival
- Elvis Festival – Parks
- Orange Food Week – Orange
- Peak Festival – Perisher Valley
- Trundle Abba Festival
- Splendour in the Grass – Byron Bay
- Australian Surf Festival – Tweed Heads
- Snowtunes Festival – Snowy Mountains
- Tulip Time Festival – Bowral
- Floriade – Canberra
- South Coast Food and Wine Festival – Berry
- Young Cherry Festival