Updated 1 November 2020
If you are looking for a list of the best things to do in Sydney you have come to the right place. We have pulled together all the city’s best festivals and events to help you plan a great day or night out.
These pages are updated every Wednesday with any last minute events but we have mapped out the whole year to help you plan ahead if you are visiting.
Annual Festivals in Sydney
Covid19 has seen numerous changes to the delivery of many events. Some have moved online, others postponed or cancelled. Please click through to the official sites when linked for the latest details.
Sydney loves a festival, and there are several that should be on your radar if you are visiting or living in Sydney.
The major annual Sydney festivals are:
- New Year’s Day
- Australia Day
- Sydney Festival (January)
- Lunar New Year Festival (late January/February)
- Mardi Gras (March)
- Royal Easter Show (Easter)
- Anzac Day
- Yulefest in the Blue Mountains (June/July)
- City to Surf (August)
- Sydney Fringe Festival (September)
- Good Food Month (October)
- Sculpture by the Sea (Oct/Nov)
- Christmas Day
- Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race (Dec 26)
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks
Sydney by Month
Regional Festivals in NSW & ACT 2021
We have included regional events to encourage locals (and intrepid visitors) to get out of the city and visit our country cousins. These local events can be a fantastic way to see parts of the country you may have never considered visiting.
Here are some of the biggest but also check individual months above from smaller unique festivals.
Please note the ongoing pandemic has seen changes to these events so please check for specific advice before making any plans.
Some of the best regional festivals include:
- Tamworth Country Music Festival – Cancelled 2021, 14 Jan 2022
- Byron Bay Bluesfest – 1-5 April 2021
- Broken Heel Festival – Broken Hill 9-13 Sept 2021
- Bathurst 12 Hour – Mount Panorama – Oct 2021
- Blue Mountains Music Festival – 12-14 March 2021
- Elvis Festival – Parkes – 5-9 January 2022
- Orange Food Week – Orange – 9-18 April 2021
- Peak Festival – Perisher Valley 2021 not confirmed
- Trundle Abba Festival – Trundle – 2021 not confirmed
- Splendour in the Grass – Byron Bay – 23-25 July 2021
- Snowtunes Festival – Snowy Mountains – 2021 not confirmed
- Tulip Time Festival – Bowral – 21 Sept – 4 Oct 2021
- Floriade – Canberra – Sept-Oct 2021
- South Coast Food and Wine Festival – Huskinson 15-16 Oct 2021
- National Cherry Festival – Young – 3-5 Dec 2021