What’s on in Sydney
If you are looking for a list of the best things to do in Sydney you have come to the right place. We have pulled together all the city’s best festivals and events to help you plan a great day or night out.
Whether you want to see a show, find out which festivals are going ahead, check out the latest gallery exhibition or find a great local market we have you covered.
These pages are updated every Wednesday with any last-minute events but we have mapped out the whole year to help you plan ahead if you are visiting.
What’s on in Sydney Month by Month
If you are running an event and would like to have it listed on Sydney Expert please contact us.
Regional Festivals in NSW & ACT 2021
We have included regional events to encourage locals (and intrepid visitors) to get out of the city and visit our country cousins. These local events can be a fantastic way to see parts of the country you may have never considered visiting.
Please note the ongoing pandemic has seen changes to these events so please check for specific advice before making any plans.
- Tamworth Country Music Festival – 14 Jan 2022
- Byron Bay Bluesfest – 1-5 April 2021
- Broken Heel Festival – Broken Hill 9-13 Sept 2021
- Bathurst 12 Hour – Mount Panorama – Oct 2021
- Blue Mountains Music Festival – 12-14 March 2021
- Elvis Festival – Parkes – 5-9 January 2022
- Orange Food Week – Orange – 9-18 April 2021
- Peak Festival – Perisher Valley 2021 not confirmed
- Trundle Abba Festival – Trundle – 2021 not confirmed
- Splendour in the Grass – Byron Bay – 23-25 July 2021
- Snowtunes Festival – Snowy Mountains – 2021 not confirmed
- Tulip Time Festival – Bowral – 21 Sept – 4 Oct 2021
- Floriade – Canberra – Sept-Oct 2021
- South Coast Food and Wine Festival – Huskinson 15-16 Oct 2021
- National Cherry Festival – Young – 3-5 Dec 2021
Here are some of the biggest but also check individual what’s on in the months above from smaller unique festivals.
Got a Question?
Want more ideas for exploring Sydney? Join our friendly community where you can ask questions and get advice from the locals