What’s on in Sydney
If you are looking for a list of the best things to do in Sydney, you have come to the right place. We have pulled together all the city’s best festivals and events to help you plan a great day or night out.
Whether you want to see a show, find out which festivals are going ahead, check out the latest gallery exhibition or find a great local market we have you covered.
These pages are updated every Wednesday with any last-minute events, but we have mapped out the entire year to help you plan if you are visiting.
What’s on in Sydney Month by Month
If you are running an event and would like to have it listed on Sydney Expert please contact us.
Regional Festivals in NSW & ACT 2022
We have included regional events to encourage locals (and intrepid visitors) to get out of the city and visit our country cousins. These local events can be a fantastic way to see parts of the country you may have never considered visiting.
Here are some of the biggest regional festivals and events but also check individual What’s On pages in the months above for smaller unique festivals. Also check our list of music festivals.
Please note weather and other factors may result in changes to these events, so please check for specific websites before making any plans.
Regional Events in NSW 2022
- Tamworth Country Music Festival: 14-23 January 2022
- Guyra Lamb & Potato Festival: 12-23rd Jan 2022
- Bangalow Film Festival: 13-29 January (Bangalow, Lismore, Murwillumbah)
- Bathurst 12 Hour: 25-27 Feb 2022
- Supercars Newcastle: 4-6 March 2022
- Steampunk Victoriana Fair: 11-13 March 2022 (Goulburn)
- Maitland Taste Deconstructed: 11-13 March 2022
- Forster-Tuncurry Lakeside Festival 19th of March 2022
- Blue Mountains Music Festival: 18-20 March 2022
- South Coast Food and Wine Festival: 18-19 March 2022
- Broken Heel Festival: Broken Hill 24-28 March 2022 and 8-12 September 2022
- Newcastle Food Month: 1 April-30 April 2022
- Orange Food Week: 1-10 April 2022
- Hunter Valley SteamFest: 8-10 April 2022
- Lakelight Sculpture Festival: 15-18 April (Jindabyne)
- Byron Bay Bluesfest: 14-18 April 2022
- Elvis Festival: 20-24 April 2022 (Parkes – moved from Jan.)
- Steampunk@Altitude 2022: 30 Apr-1 May 2022
- Australian Celtic Festival: TBC (Glen Innes)
- Henry Lawson Festival: TBC (Grenfell)
- Pie Time: TBC Usually the month of June (Southern Highlands)
- Hunter Valley Wine and Beer Festival: 18 June 2022
- Peak Music Festival: 27 Aug-3 Sep 2022 (Perisher Valley)
- Wollongong 2022 (Cycling) 18-25 September 2022
- Snowtunes Festival: 31 August 2022 (Jindabyne)
- Big Picture Fest Street Art Festival: 30 Sept-2 Oct (Newcastle)
- National Thunder Motorcycle Rally: 30 September-3 October 2022 (Tamworth)
- Let’s Dance, David Bowie Tribute Festival – TBC October long weekend (Carinda)
- Riverlights Multicultural Festival: 8 October (Maitland)
- Dubbo Dream Festival – 13-23 October
- Floriade: 17 Sept-16 October 2022 (Canberra)
- Trundle Abba Festival: 15 Oct 2022
- Bitter and Twisted Boutique Beer Festival: 5-6 November 2022 (Maitland)
- Crookwell Potato Festival: November 2022
- Cooma Motorfest: TBC November 2022
- National Cherry Festival: 3-5 December 2021 (Young)